Please help no amount is too small…

Save a home "twindaddy"

Save a home
“twindaddy”

I want to welcome one of my friends from the wonderful world of blogging Merry. Merry is from over at http://knockedoverbyafeather.wordpress.com  She did a blog post recently that broke my heart. A small part of the reason I felt her pain is that I’ve been there on more than one occasion, and any help that I got was both a gift and painful at the same time.  I welcome Merry to share her story. The link to help is at the bottom.

Hi. Some of you know me from WordPress. I started blogging in October of 2012 because my therapist at the time thought it would be a good idea for me to write about my struggle with depression. I named it Knocked over by a Feather, which had come from a comment made by my husband. We had just gotten married a short time earlier, on September 26, 2009. Life was starting to look up, and we bought a condo that Christmas. Then things came crashing down.

Photo

Christmas before crash
Merry S.

In the summer of 2011, I started having a difficult time keeping up with my job, my relationships and basically just life in general. I came very close to committing suicide. I ended up having to go to the hospital for outpatient therapy for two months. I had thought that my life would finally just pick up where it left off once I was done with my treatment.

I did work for a while, but after three months, I crumbled under the weight of my new responsibilities. I should have taken it slower, maybe, but this particular job was a management position. I was told that I would be properly trained to handle it. This did not happen, forcing me to quit, because I was so stressed out that I was starting to get sick in the mornings. I continued to try to find a job, but if I landed the interview, when the day came to actually go, I would have an anxiety attack. I felt completely immobilized by fear.

I decided that my mental issues ran deeper than I had originally thought, so I applied for disability in September of 2012. It was a hard decision to make, realizing that I was unable to handle any kind of stress without cracking.

I was also starting to have more symptoms of my fibromyalgia, that had been diagnosed in 1998. Up until that time, it had been very mild/moderate and I was still able to work full-time, physical labor jobs.

Fibro is a chronic pain syndrome that affects many different systems of the body. It causes widespread pain, weakness, cognitive issues, fatigue..the list goes on….It can be debilitating and effects 5% of the population. My doctor has no answers. There really is no way to know exactly why it decided to amp up, although he did say that my depression could have been traumatic enough to trigger a worsening of the symptoms. It could also just be that I am getting older.  I take it day by day, trying to accept my limitations. I write about it often on my blog, and I usually spare no detail.Fibromyalgia is a nasty little bastard, and sadly there are many of us out there.

I was denied disability, then attained some lawyers to assist me. They sent me to their doctors, and to my shock I completely failed the physical test. My legs were so weak and painful, I couldn’t even lift them more than a few inches off the exam table.

Trying to dig out of the financial hole these last few years has been a constant struggle. I had posted here about my husband and I finally giving up the fight to save our home from being auctioned off for back taxes. So when Zoe asked me if it would be okay if she started a fundraiser for me on her blog, I was both hesitant and awestruck. I had been asked by another blogger just the previous day if he could be of assistance, but I declined. ( I wanted to say yes, DJ.) His blog can be found here.
It really is difficult to explain the different kind of emotions that I am experiencing at the moment. I feel truly blessed to have so much support from my family and friends, who pick me up when I am down. They remind me that I am a fighter, and always have been.
I am a fibro warrior.

About Fibromyalgia Merry S.

About Fibromyalgia
Merry S.

What is really boils down to is that Zoe reached her hand out, and I allowed myself to reach back. DJ paved the way. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart.
I have set up a site to help raise funds for Merry and her family. No one should have to lose their home. If you can help at all we would appreciate it beyond words. No amount is too small.  Here is the link to the site that’s been set up to help.
We also ask you all to pass this along to others. Reblog or do a post of your own. We can do this together as a community!
Thank you in advance!
There is hope!

131 Comments

Filed under Uncategorized

131 responses to “Please help no amount is too small…

1. Pingback: Save a house, Save a home. | Guapola

2. Wow, this is amazing, Zoe! I know Mer appreciates it.

3. I’m Twindaddy, and I approve this message.

4. Thank you Zoe. So much. xo

5. I tried to donate but it won’t take my banking info :(

6. Reblogged this on overitblogdotcom and commented:
    Please help my wonderful blogging buddy keep her home. Thank you in advance xo.

7. Pingback: Important: Please Help Save MORE Than a House | Not a Punk Rocker

8. Reblogged this on Pouring My Art Out and commented:
    Because if we have blogs and we never help anybody, what the hell good are we???

9. Reblogged this on To Breathe is to Write and commented:
    No one should have to lose their home because they are sick. I’ve lost homes before. I know what it feels like to worry have to death where you will be living. It’s not fun. Please help if you can, if nothing else to reblog this. The WP community is a great one, let’s show Merry just how great we can be.

10. Reblogged this on Fish Of Gold and commented:

Please, help save one of my best blog buddies’ house. Merbear is unable to work due to Fibromylagia. Nobody should lose their home due to illness. Please, help as much as you can.

11. We can do this!! There is hope!! Hugs all around!!
    And extra exclamation points all around too!!
    And silliness all around!!
    And somebody stop me before I hurt myself!!!!ouch!
    Too late…

12. Reblogged this on The Matticus Kingdom and commented:

That pesky feather, always knocking Merry over, is threatening to do some damage again. I know we can save her home. I know it!! Please click on through to the YouCaring website and help with whatever you can. A little bit from each of us can add up to enough to make a huge difference for one of the best and brightest among us blogosphere dwellers. We can do this. There is hope.

13. Reblogged this on …..And The Moon Sees All and commented:
    It breaks my heart that I personally cannot fix this problem myself, but I CAN re-blog this post and maybe someone out there will be able to contribute.

14. Reblogged this on walkingwithherforever and commented:
    Many a drop, make an ocean. I will do my little part. Money is stupid, give it away. Even a little is more.

I am doing it today.

BP

15. Reblogged this on aliceatwonderland and commented:
    I want to add more of a post to this, cause I could write dozens. If you don’t know Merry you really should because she is more than fibromyalgia which is taking over her life. She is freaking hilarious. We me through a fruitcake and bonded over retro ads about hair brushes that double as . . . other things. Also lysol douches and tampons. I happen to have a head cold, so it’s possible that this is making no sense, so just head over to Zoe’s blog at Behind the Abuse and find out how to help my friend Merry.

16. Reblogged this on Knocked over by a feather and commented:
    I honestly am very overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and love that I have gotten today. My dear friend Zoe, you are wonderful for doing this, and there are way too many people to thank appropriately at the moment. Hugs to everyone, and as Zoe says, There is hope.

17. I wish you all the best… I’ll do my best to keep reblogging!

18. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who took the time and put forth the effort and financial resources to help us out. We are truly grateful and blessed to have a restored faith in humanity! My wife and I are amazed by the outpouring of support for this cause. We were very hesitant to approve of this fund raiser. We are proud, independent and overall, stubborn souls, who try like heck to dig ourselves out of jams like we’ve faced. I am proud of Merry and her fighting spirit… she makes me realize how precious and fragile life is. So, once again, we would like to give all of you a ‘WordPress’ hug and thank you all from the bottom of our hearts! ~Thomas C. Sahl, Jr. (Merbear’s husband)

19. Pingback: It Costs Nothing To Care | The Chatter Blog

20. Reblogged this on the tao of jaklumen and commented:
    I know what it’s like to fight for a home. I know what it’s like to be homeless. Please consider giving what you can, or at least reblogging Zoe’s post as I have. The link to the fundraiser is here: http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/help-save-a-home/142484

21. Hi Zoe, hi Mer-
    I know how much you both mean to TwinDaddy, and I adore him. So I reblogged this today, and I hope to get to know you both. And I hope we all raise lots of money!
    xo,
    S

22. Reblogged this on Mental in the Midwest and commented:
    This is the very FIRST TIME I have ever reblogged something, so I want y’all to realize how incredibly fucking important this is to me. Merry is a wonderful person and a true-blue pal. No one should have to deal with all of the shit she does AND have to worry about losing their home. Instant karma’s gonna get ya baby, donate what you can.

23. “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.
    Matthew 7:7
    I thoroughly approve!
    gs! :-D.
    Never, under any circumstances give up.

24. Reblogged this on Parrots, Prose, and Poetry and commented:
    Re-blogging for a friend. Please help if you can!

25. Reblogged this on Green Embers and commented:
    Help a family keep their home.

26. I tried to donate some but it wouldn’t work on my smart phone. I’ll be back in the morning on my laptop.
    Hang in there, Mer – we got your back.
    Love you. & Just look at all these comments here – so do A LOT of other people.
    This is an awesome idea, Zoe. Hats off to you.

27. Pingback: GOT TO LOVE MONDAYS – FEBRUARY 24,2014 | One.Girl.Bree

28. Pingback: Balloons, everywhere… | Knocked over by a feather

29. Reblogged this on thesewordsiwrite2012 and commented:
    If you have any money to help out this fellow blogger, then why not?

30. Reblogged this on CardCastlesInTheSky and commented:
    Hey guys & gals,
    I rarely ask anything of you. Today is different. A good friend of mine is in need of some assistance. Please read, share, and if you could, please think about contributing.

Nobody should be left without a roof because they are ill. If you cannot donate, please help us pass this on as far and widely as we can.

31. Pingback: Kindness is contagious, Keep it coming! | behindthemaskofabuse

32. Pingback: 10 New Advertising Slogans For Milk | List of X

33. Pingback: Give if you Can and Thank you! | behindthemaskofabuse

34. Pingback: Traveling Man: Would You Like Some Snow With Your Snow? | Guapola

35. Pingback: Saving Homes and Holy Lemonade – It's Just Life

36. Pingback: takin’ what they’re givin’ cuz I’m workin’ for a livin’ | Mental in the Midwest

Every voice matters!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s